Essential Elements of OERC Research Funding Request
Please refer to the list of Current Research Priorities, which can be found here.
Proposals must be submitted to email@example.com
All proposals must be in English.
In order to receive consideration for OERC funding, you must submit the following:
- All proposals must be submitted by July 31 of the current year.
- Proposals will be evaluated in two stages. Ten proposals will be selected for further review by August 31 of the current year, and all researchers notified as to their proposal(s)' status at that time. A preliminary decision as to which proposals will be funded will be made on or about December 15 of the current year and all researchers will be notified as to their proposal(s)' status at that time.
- The proposal should be 2-5 pages in length.
- Include a summary review of literature that characterize the pros and cons regarding the question of interest and advances and support the research problem. This is not expected to be an exhaustive literature review, but any literature cited should be included in a reference list at the end of the proposal.
- Present a clear, concise statement of the research objective or objectives, independent and dependent variables and the research hypotheses.
- Give a description of the research methodology, including the number of participants, apparatus, procedures, etc.
- For research proposal submissions, include a description of the statistical analysis techniques to be employed.
- Provide a timeline for all major milestones associated with the project proposal.
- Identify any critical dependencies such as obtaining permission to conduct the study at the only feasible site, etc.
Give a cost estimate for the study (the total amount of funding requested from OERC). This must include all funds expected from OERC, e.g. direct and indirect, overhead, taxes, etc.
- Please indicate whether you will request in-kind support such as computer keyboards, access to worksites, ergonomic chairs, etc. Be specific as to quantities, model numbers, required features, etc.
- Identify any other funding sources solicited, particularly if they are necessary to initiate or complete the OERC funded research
- Provide a list of the expected project deliverables. For research proposals, expected deliverables must always include submission of the research report to a peer-reviewed journal for publication.
- Please indicate which research topic or topics that your proposal is intended to address.
Careful adherence to this research proposal format will facilitate the processing of your proposal.
Funding decisions are made at general meetings of the Office Ergonomics Research Committee, which occur three times per year, typically winter, spring and fall. In some cases, the lead researcher will be asked to participate in a conference call during an OERC meeting to answer questions about their proposal.
Once selected for funding, an OERC member will be assigned as the principal contact. The OERC contact person will work with the principle imvestigator to develop funding arrangements, timelines, deliverables, due dates, etc.